Accounts Administrator – Part-time
About the business and the role
Collaborate (www.collaboratecorp.com) is an Australian ASX listed company operating online peer-to-peer marketplaces that allow people and companies to safely rent items to each other. People like you use our marketplaces as well as companies like Uber, Subaru and Orix to make money and get better access to a wide range of products. DriveMyCar and MyCaravan are already market leaders and we have just launched Mobilise.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic permanent part-time Accounts Administrator to undertake a range of clerical accounting functions across the Collaborate subsidiaries.
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment in our office in the Sydney CBD. The role can be performed over 3 full days or spread over 5 days to suit needs.
This part time position reports to and assists the Management Accountant. It also has strong working relationships with the other members of the Accounts team and the CFO. Due to the responsibilities of the position, there is also frequent interaction with sales and support teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Handling accounts related customer enquires
- Management of monthly debtor & invoice status reports
- General debtor management
- Creation of invoices, where required
- Processing of all staff expense claims
- Liaison with external Auditor and preparing supporting notes
- Reconciliation of all general ledger contra accounts
- Oversight and processing of monthly corporate credit card statements
- Write and post journals as required
- Provide support to all staff regarding Accounts processes and requirements as required
- Other duties as required and providing cover for Management Accountant when absent including periodically carrying out daily banking tasks
Competencies and Experience Required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an accounts department of an Australian company.
- Accounting software experience (preferably MYOB)
- High level of Excel knowledge is absolutely essential.
- High level of analytical skill.
- Ability to work under pressure, with attention to detail and limited supervision.
- A team player who works with initiative, commitment and a positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including pleasant telephone manner.
- Rapidly growing startup with significant funding
- Employee share scheme giving employees a financial stake in the business
- Central location in Circular Quay
Send a CV and cover letter outlining relevant experience to email@example.com