We are a fast growing group of brands located in the Sydney CBD, seeking the services of a Technical Lead to join our innovative team of professionals. This is a full-time role based in our office in Circular Quay, Sydney and reports directly to the CEO.
- Attractive CBD location and opportunity for personal-growth
- Work with one of Australia’s fast growing online ASX listed brands
- Fast paced, high performing, creative culture
As Technical Lead for Collaborate, you will be responsible for your system’s architecture, engineering design and code quality and enjoy nurturing/mentoring your team of engineers. You will be equally comfortable evolving the scalability, functionality and efficiency platform of our platform and getting stuck into code as required.
Someone who is at home making recommendations on tech stacks and design tech solutions and enjoys working closely with engineers, producers, management and partners to promote collaboration will thrive in this role. You will be a key player in the optimisation of our deals with key partners that include Uber, RACV, Aon and Subaru
Ideally, you will have strong leadership experience gained from within a software development team where Agile SCRUM methodology has been utilised.
We actively encourage participation from the all team members in the entire engineering and product development process. No egos. This is a hands on role, where you are expected to participate in engineering workshops, cut code, conduct peer reviews and help troubleshoot issues.
Your team will be responsible for an array of systems, services, tools and reports that control all aspects of the Collaborate platform. The platform is built with AngularJS, .Net Framework (MVC Pattern) C#, Entity Framework, LINQ, and SQLServer.
Collaborate is a publicly listed company specialising in creating incredible peer-to-peer marketplaces that help people from all over Australia find, connect and rent cars, caravans, and assets between each another. We are obsessed with creating products that people love to use, while simultaneously creating value for our customers, team members and shareholders at every step of the process.
We have launched successful marketplaces such as DriveMyCar, and MyCaravan and soon we will be launching the innovative business-to-business lending platform, Mobilise. Our products are gaining significant traction, our team is expanding, and we’re constantly innovating. It’s a great time to join our team.
You are an ambitious innovator who is relentlessly curious. You are an enabler and an anticipator. Someone with a great attitude, excellent technical awareness and skill, proven team leadership and project delivery experience. You are an achiever on the way up, but appreciate that there is lots of experience still to be gained.
- Proven technical and team leadership skills
- Bachelor degree preferred, professional qualification certification or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years hands-on C# experience, async/await, Linq, ASP.NET MVC framework
- C# unit test skills
- Experience with SOA integration, API Management technologies and standards
- Experience designing public and private enterprise secure services using RAML and REST based APIs
- Experience in database design and query performance tuning
- A demonstrable knowledge of data structures and basic algorithms
Nice to have:
- Amazon Web Service (Kinesis, CloudFormation, DynamoDB)
- Source control skills (Git, GitHub, BitBucket)
- Experience with PHP based CMS’s
- Rapidly growing startup with significant funding
- Employee share scheme giving employees a financial stake in the business
- Central location in Circular Quay
Send a CV and cover letter outlining relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org